View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #149
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
There are lawyers involved so the understeer on the base model (with or without z51) is not surprising to me. My problem with the c8 is partly the interior layout (button row is annoying in real life) and primarily that don’t think I could fit with a helmet on with the roof installed. My head was right at the mounting holes without the helmet with the seat all the way down. Maybe the comp seats go lower as these were gt2 seats.

Either way I’m canceling my order. I just don’t think the c8 z51 will be enough to beat my zl1 1le. I’ll reconsider when the grand sport and z06 are out though.
It's interesting that you say the C8 does not fit you with helmet whereas the FT86 does (I assume it does since you have one). I was under the impression that the C8's large proportions were in excuse to making it very spacious inside to fit taller people. Does this mean the FT86 is more spacious than the C8 inside?

Regarding the understeer, the 992 911 does not seem to have such and they sell fine without fear of lawyers I think? honestly I just think GM does not have the proper experience on how to tune an MR car and it's a learning curve for them as opposed to say 911 that had decades to dial out understeer even in a RR car. I hope they figure it out by the time of the Z06 & Grand Sport.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote