View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #142
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
@rennlistuser3, great personal prospective write up. Thanks for doing that.

My prospective is a little different. The reviews I've seen are overwhelmingly positive and seem a bit like they were written by Olympic judges, they don't want to give the current C8 models top scores because they want to see what is coming next first.

I'm not surprised there were some compromises, you don't get to this price point without that. But, I consider this the true next evolution of the Corvette (something I never expected I would say) and think its one hell of a deal for what you are getting.

I've also made no secret out of the fact that I have a different prospective on GM reliability than most having had multiple GM products that went well over 200,000 miles. The Corvette is truly the only sports car over $50,000 in price I would consider buying because I know I could still be driving it 150,000 miles later with minimal cost.

As far as your $80,000 price range, you want what you want, I get that but I would be quite happy with the base Z51 package at $64,995. I have never been willing to pay for expensive add-ons. That is one hell of a car for that price.

Will it have some compromises, sure, all cars do. But at that price I'll also be willing to drive it on the street. I can't honestly say that about any supercar it compares to.
yeah a lot of what you say is on my mind too.

One of the main allures of the Corvette is stuff you're saying, like still be driving it at 150,000 with minimal cost.

Without mentioning other brand names, I know for a fact that some others will cost you 20,000 USD just for an engine rebuilt! and this is no Ferrari.

I guess maybe I'm too harsh on the car cause I was expecting more. I hope I'm proven wrong in the coming days.

I might end up getting one one day anyway cause I still have V8 sports car on my bucket list of things to do. Just not likely to be this C8, at least not new.

Actually, come to think of it, you make a good point of just ordering the 65k USD version of this car. That really not that bad.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rennlistuser3 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-18-2019)