Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've used the following:

Junction Auto (Scarborough):
Ken Wong owns and runs the place. Good guy, good prices but the shop is small. He also runs the Junction Chumpcar race team and he is insanely efficient doing pitside mechanical work. He will understand what you need if you track your car. He specializes in Hondas but works on all sorts vehicles. I now take my S2000 to him since he's literally 3 blocks from my house.

Speedstar (Markham)
This is larger shop than Junction and also considerably more posh. They used to work primarily on any normal vehicles but since picking up steady qualifications for dealership work from several exotic lines, they've considerably amped up their work to pretty much European exotics but will still happily do work for peasants like us. I used to exclusively use them because their work was very good, always traceable (paperwork) and you always got accurate feedback. However, they weren't cheap but not stupidly priced either. They also race two Porsche GT3s. I stopped taking my vehicle to them because I'd always incur a $60-70 Uber charge shuttling back and forth to the shop. Plus Junction is cheaper and I know Ken pretty good.

Dave's Garage (Oakville)
Working out of Dave's shop is Chris Kinnealy who runs Burning Rubber and Speed which is a tire shop. Dave also employs Alessandro Bellardo who is an alignment guru and they have the equipment to do alignments. This makes Dave's a literal one stop shop for EVERYTHING you need for track days or just regular maintenance. Prices are pretty decent and all three folks do time attacks so they know the criticality of doing the job right. I personally compete again Alex at OTA and he's fun to drive against (RX8).

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
Import_Lexus (10-27-2017), TorontoNat (11-04-2017)