View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
ImperiousRex
Track Junkie

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 S2000
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So my JRZ RS coilovers have finally arrived! While I was waiting for them, I also ordered the Perrin Crank Pulley, EVS 70mm front pipe, and Cusco sway bars (20mm Hard Front / 16mm Hard Rear) so there was quite the stockpile of stuff waiting for me at Evasive today...

I was originally only going to get the front pipe and pulley installed then get the car tuned with an EcuTek setup today but Evasive had found some issues with the fuel timing when using 91 octane with their BRZ. So we decided to postpone the tune while they hear back on their issues and just install all the parts they had in hand for me and deal with all the fine tuning at a later date.

Anyways - lets move onto pictures!

JRZ RS Coilovers:
After paying up front and waiting for weeks with patience, I finally got to see my most eagerly awaited upgrade. I had been debating between the JRZ RS and the KW Variant 3 coilovers for many reasons but at the end of the day, I decided to go with the JRZ setup hoping that the performance, high praise for the brand and built-in camber plates would outweigh the price differential.

The springs that came with are 550 lbs/inch in the front and 600-610 lbs/inch in the rear. I had my stock wheels on from my last track event and I wanted to get the alignment/corner balancing done with my 19" 57Extremes so we only did a general installation today with -3.5 degrees of camber in the front and -3.0 in the rear (similar to what Evasive is running on their BRZ). The drop looks to be about 1 inch lower than the stock suspension but with these settings, the stock wheels now look sunken in the fenders >.< I'm actually glad I have my 8.5 and 9.5 width wheels to fill out that space.

I've only driven on them for an afternoon so far but I've already experienced a noticeable difference in the car's stability in corners and under braking so I have high hopes for their performance at the track. There was a slight floaty feeling at the beginning but it seems to be slowly going away so hopefully it's just the coilovers settling in after installation. Overall the car feels much more firm and I'm getting more road feedback (i.e. road imperfections are definitely more noticeable). It still feels nice enough for daily driving though and I'm really only noticing the stiffness of the springs going over speed bumps where I quickly discovered I can't take them at the speeds that I did with the stock suspension lol.

I'll try to get a more thorough review up after my next track event.

Cusco Front and Rear Swaybars:
Pretty straight forward upgrade. I did debate a little between the soft (16mm F/14mm R) and hard (20mm F/16mm R) sets but after doing some research, it looked like the hard set wasn't as thick as other swaybar brands/options so I'm hoping they make the car feel better on track but not so stiff where I lose sense of the limits of the tires.

====================

I'll update with more pictures in a couple weeks when I get my alignment and corner balancing done and hopefully I'll also remember to get pictures of the new front pipe and swaybars while the car is on the lift next time >.<

And last but not least - thanks a ton to Dennis, Randy and the awesome mechanics at Evasive Motorsports for taking the time to answer all my questions and deal with all my last minute requests. I can't recommend these guys highly enough!
ImperiousRex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ImperiousRex For This Useful Post:
Anthonytpt (02-11-2014)