View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #9
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
So I got the wheels put on the car:

Car was due for an oil change and the 20000km service anyway so I had Subaru do it. They didn't charge me extra for anythng except for the brake fluid bleed. I'm not experienced at bleeding lines so I'd rather pay someone to ensure its done properly until I'm confident to do it myself.

Braking has been improved all around. There is no longer any dead travel in the brake pedal, it has more resistance, the bite is improved and I'm finding the pads easier to modulate too. The OEM shims were moved to the Hawks and this seems like it was a good idea because the pads are silent. I've seen a lot of people complain that the HP+ make a lot of noise so this is a happy development. I never felt the OEM pads were wanting for regular driving but these are definitely a step up.

I'm signed up for my first lapping day at Shannonville Motorsport Park for Monday April 20th. Following the lapping day, I'll be putting the OEM pads back in the car and I'll paint the calipers when I do that and I'll take some more pics then.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynxis For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (04-16-2015)