View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
slates74

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ LTD 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got back in from another drive, very happy with the results of this mod.

No notable increase in NVH and no vibration issues at any speed. Feels as smooth as stock, if not smoother. Shifts feel more positive when engaging into each gear. The only notable change in sound is that the typical noise you hear from the trans at low speed even with the stock shaft, is slightly more audible, likely because of the hollow construction of the driveshaft and the one piece design that removes all of the connecting points of the stock two piece driveshaft. I only noticed it the first time I drove the car and really can't tell the difference now.

I can honestly say I can feel a difference in the way the car accelerates, especially now that I went out for a night drive and I'm not battling heat soak in the 90 degree+ weather.
Is it like adding forced induction to the car? Of course not, but it feels similar to the difference of driving with the AC off verse on in most cars. A very worthwhile and good bang for the buck in my opinion.

I'm not sure of the yoke construction but I'll be sure to ask for you guys when I drive down to pick up my stock anchor, I mean axle . I do know that they have MANY high hp mustangs and camaro's running their driveshafts, including a 1400hp mustang that's setup as a street car and have no issues with any of the components of the driveshaft breaking.

I feel this mod, in addition to the forged BBS wheels on my car that weigh roughly 18lbs a piece, do a great job of freeing up some rotational mass and allowing the car to rev more quickly and put more power to the ground. I'd love to do a 1/4 mile run in the car on a nice cool night and see what it does with these two simple mods since my car is completely stock in terms of I/H/E and tune. I think these mods plus 4.55 or similar gears could potentially put me in the high 13 to low 14 second 1/4 mile range but that's just a guess.

For anyone interested in calling the Axle Exchange, speak with Mark and tell him Sean referred you and he'll get you in on the $425 intro price!

Grip Ronin:
I haven't made it to Edgewater in a few weeks because everytime I do I get pulled over for no front plate but I can give it a shot if the weather looks nice one night soon.
slates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slates74 For This Useful Post:
37 (08-13-2013), Hawk77FT (09-26-2013), suaveflooder (08-13-2013)