switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
I think he suggested"Kouki" over "2nd Generation" or something like that because it's the more accurate descriptor. Isn't the Kouki 86 also what's known as a "Mid-Cycle Refresh" (or just "Refreshed"?) If that's the case, then why not use the term (especially when "Kouki" sounds a lot like "Kooky" which is endearing on girlfriends and nieces but not so much on cars) and also seems unnecessary. Don't know about @kch but no disrespect from here, just a matter of practicality.
If I didn't care about putting the other terms (2017+ and Facelift) in the title for search purposes, I'd have just used kouki. It's concise and practical. I've used it for years and grown deaf to sound-related connotations (that's me). My using it helps expand the car guy community's vocabulary.

It's like asking, "What's your sex?" Pre-adolescents get squeamish but mature adults hear an objective question. Or the term FIFO. Sounded silly every time I heard it in Computer Programming 101 but it's used at the highest levels of academia and engineering professionals devoid of silliness. Takes a bit to mature to the use of niche words.