View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
nwolsky

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
New Ultramarine Monogram Here!

Hello all!
I just picked up my FR-S 86 this past Wednesday, it’s almost been a week and I have loved every moment of it! My first car was a 1999 VW Passat and my second was a leased 2011 F150. I was going to keep the lease, but had always wanted a “fun” can for the weekends. Well the lease was running out and I could not justify having two cars, so I sacrificed utility for everyday fun. Note the car is registered in NH so we will see how winter treats it!

I spent weeks looking at everything similar from WRX to 370z to Miata (I couldn’t fit) to Mustang to Focus ST, and some others. About a month later I realized that the cost of my over miles on the lease is too high so I purchased the FR-S to save the money from over miles so the truck is sitting till the lease ends in June.

Once I realized I wanted a BRZ/FR-S I liked features of BRZ, but the suspension calibration of the FR-S was much more appealing to me. When I found out about the Monogram Series, I had to have it. For the price, it was an amazing deal with all the features I wanted (HIDS, Leather/Alcantara seats, Push Start, Heated Mirrors, ext) at a fantastic price. I knew I wanted Ultramarine Blue (every car I have owned has been blue :-p) and that I wanted a manual.

So how many were there in the country? 18. With my research I deduced there were about 50-80 FR-S’ Monogram Series made in Ultramarine Blue with a 6-speed. No local dealers were able to find one, and the closest I found was in NY City. Train ride down and 4 hour ride back right? As I was finalizing the deal on the phone, they sold it! Only 17 left now!

The next closest was a 6 hour drive away in NJ. I called immediately and sealed the deal on the phone. The dealer was great and two days later I was driving down with a buddy. Bought him some beers the night before to appreciate his driving and then we drove straight down in the morning. When I arrived 6 hours later, I saw my new car. She was more beautiful than I had imagined! What a great decision I had made and what an amazing 6 hour drive back it was! Without a doubt, completely worth it and so happy I have such an amazing and unique car!

So that all being said, hi all!
-Nate
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Mad1723 (04-29-2014), MokSpeed (04-29-2014), Rampage (04-29-2014)