View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:04 AM   #5
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The Cage

Local cage builder that's been around for decades - took great care. The bars are nice and tight to body and base plates are terrific.

He pushed me to remove the door metal and glass so the door bars could go right up the outer skin of the door but opted to leave the doors untouched. With that he did a great job designing door bars that snug to the body yet allow me to get in and out easily.

But first! let me start by saying that when I bought my car in 2012 I had a thing for Mentos. An already opened roll fell under my seat and several of the mentos made it under the carpet, when would go around corners fast I could hear them rolling around... Here we are almost 7 years later and I finally got to remove the buggers - and find some spare change too!.

IMG_0146 by Rice Classic, on Flickr

IMG_0220 by Rice Classic, on Flickr
IMG_0216 by Rice Classic, on Flickr
IMG_0214 by Rice Classic, on Flickr
IMG_0213 by Rice Classic, on Flickr
IMG_0221 by Rice Classic, on Flickr

I had stopped in while they were finishing it and I'm glad I did because we got to line up the seat and realized that the bar would too low for my liking where the seatbelts would mount. I hate having my selt belts are below the plain of my shoulders - they should be either straight back or even at an upward angle. This keeps pressure off my back and keeps my spine from getting compressed during an impact. So we added a bar for the belts.

IMG_0219 by Rice Classic, on Flickr

I test fit the seat with the Buddy Club low profile slider mounts and because that seat is pretty narrow I was able to get it A) quite low and B) centered. Happy with that result.

For the bumper strap - I have a penchant for easy buttons so I just purchased the Raceng Tow Shaft for my pimpy orange tow straps!

IMG_0229 by Rice Classic, on Flickr

Next up - Painting the interior/cage.

Last edited by rice_classic; 01-18-2019 at 05:24 PM.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
Asidrive (01-17-2019), eastendraceshop (01-18-2019), mistople (01-19-2019), Shark_Bait88 (01-17-2019)