View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
modman

Drives: 2013 BRZ - 2009 E90 M3 - 2008 X5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shop install supercharger - told drop of AM pick up sameday PM - 3 weeks l8r waiting.

Let me start off with this:

Now this is a good shop, fairly reputable and the sales person I have been working with has been really nice.
----

Now I decided to get the jackson kit installed. Was told I would be able to pick it up same day. All day waiting excited , keep bugging them im sure asking for updates and finally they tell me there is an issue. They ECU flash from Jackson is ony compatible with manuals. So they were going to have another shop do the tune, this shop would send them a temporary tune to get the car back to me usable and then fine tune it on dyno in a couple weeks when they could ft me in at this other shop to do the dyno tuning.

I dropped my car on monday afternoon, tuesday is when they told me the issue.. They said as soon as they got the temp tune they would call me and i could pick it up, wed comes around still not ready, thursday, still not ready, friday finally they call me up at end of day and tell me its ready.

I missed the call and asked if it was possible to pick it up saturday , got a maybe , then saturday was told no, something came up the boss had to do some stuff and close up shop...

I rescheduled a trip i had because of this, so I ended up having to go out of town so i couldnt pick it up monday, i dunno i got back thursday. I got to shop all excited, ready to turn it on and oh was so excited. I asked for the keys, 10 minutes later my sales guy says , "the tune has the RPM limiter set to 4500"...
I am like uh wtf?? Why?? For safety reasons.. I was like why did you not tell me this last week?? or anytime between last week and today?? He said he just found out... I took the car for a spin, its not driveable like that and the dyno tune wasnt set for another 2.5 weeks. SO i told them I wanted to leave it there as the car was not driveable , not completed in my opinion.

He tells me ok, let me go talk to his boss. He comes back and says , thats fine but we are going to have to charge you a $150.00 each way to the shop thats doing the dyno...I am like WTF?? $300.00 for total of 40 minutes driving?

I said, fine I will drive it.. But after thinking about it.. This is complete bullsh!t..
They tried to deliver a car to me with an unusable tune, and admitted it was there fault, and that they would take care of it and get it dyno tuned.

Now they want me to pay an additional 300 dollars to drive the car 20 minutes away and 20 minutes back? They said I could drive it, but before i could leave the premise i would have to pay the invoice in full. Why would I pay the invoice in full before the car is done? Why would I risk being liable for a catastrophic failure during the transit to the shop because they put an unusable tune on to it?

With the supercharger and all the other things i have being done to it in the last couple of weeks ive spent between 8-10k, and spent probably another 6k in october.

Since there was downtime and it was just sitting there i decided to get some more stuff done, and after dwelling on it for a few days , i am pretty dam pissed that they wont take responsibility for there screw up and is trying to make me cough up an extra 300 dollars for 40 minutes round trip drive.

What if I was in another state and had my car shipped there?
Ive been in the modding hobby for years, from dsm's, to evos, to bmws. Dealt with tons and tons of shops. I cannot imagine any shop every doing this to me, infact when ive had turbos installed and it needed to be dyno tuned at another shop , i was never expected to drive it there??

What do you guys think I should do, I have about 3-4k worth of additional work im giving them this week, i've asked nicely multiple times to reconsider. They tried to pass off the car to me as completed when it wasn't. The last time I worked with this shop they were great, and sales guy is still a great guy but they need to get there head out of there asses and learn what customer service is and what customer retention is.

Do you guys think I should just cancel all the work i requested this weke prior to get it on to dyno if they wont take it there without raping me 300 dollars?
Oh and did i mention that I cannot drive the car to the dyno shop without paying the rest of the balance even though ive already paid them 2/3 of it.

If i leave, the car blows up from there temp tune, there paid up, im shit out of luck. Am I blowing this out of proportion or not ?
Your advice is appreciated.

P.S. its 5am and havent slept yet so please forgive grammatical errors you grammar police!
modman is offline   Reply With Quote