Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #399
mission2toilet

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Nope.

The Focus ST is my wife's every day car. Though I don't have a build thread on it, I can give you a summary of our ownership experience:

-Bought car in March 2013.
-Installed Cobb AP, intake, and Turbosmart BOV November 2013.
-I deployed January 2014
-Car started having boost issues in Spring 2014.
-Boost issues were fixed within the same week.
-Parts were removed Spring 2014.
-Navigation/Touch screen unit started malfunctioning Spring 2014.
-Car was sent to dealer Spring 2014.
-Dealer said they "did an update and the system should be fine now"
-System still malfunctioned.
-Dealer updated system again.
-System started working without issues.
-Wife wanted to lower the car during Summer of 2014 while I was deployed.
-I recommended springs, or KW if she wanted coilovers.
-She said she wanted BC because of how low they go.
-I said don't touch BC because they're shit.
-She opted for BC coilovers anyways.
-The car rode fine until a couple weeks before I came home October 2014.
-I inspected the coilovers. Discovered the pillowball mounts were not properly torqued.
-Torqued to spec.
-Went on road trip to California October 2014.
-Nut on pillowball mount kept backing itself off. Clunks sounded like the front shocks were about to fall out of the car.
-Tore apart the entire front end and re assembled the coilovers in a parking garage in California.
-Car started having more boost issues while on our trip.
-After 3 trips to the dealership with piss poor customer service, the internal wastegate was deemed faulty and replaced.
-Car was fine after wastegate replacement.
-Car made it through the rest of the trip and back home without any issues.
-Coilovers were removed and sold after returning home from our trip.

The car is now 100% stock and is still used as an every day car. We'll end up trading it in for something else down the road eventually. We both love the car, but hate our experience we've had with the Ford brand and will never buy another vehicle from Ford again. I've never had such shit service from a dealership, and the lack of professionalism from the staff was just unbelievable. Needless to say, the overall experience has left a bad taste in our mouths.

Aside from that though, the car itself is really good. We just happened to get one that has had a few issues (no big deal), but it's the customer service from Ford that has pissed us off.

We'll trade to something else when she finishes her schooling in another year or two.
Sorry to hear you had to go through bunch of Bull..
Thank you for your detailed explanation. It's FWD but far as handling goes can Focus come close to twins?(fun factor). You had chance to drive both. And I am sure you drove ST to it's limits. Thanks~~

I am thinking maybe I need to get out of my BRZ and get into either Fiesta or Focus ST. Did some research but I don't know what to do.. and I don't want to make a mistake by getting rid of BRZ..
mission2toilet is offline   Reply With Quote