View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #286
cslntuee

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
For just daily use, the BBK is more than overkill especially if you're at stock power to minimal gains. I use my car for canyon/autox more than track but even in those conditions, an actual BBK isn't needed, so it's mostly cosmetic. In terms of actual stopping performance, the other areas I did have more of an effect: stainless steel lines, new brake fluid, upgraded pads, and adding a master cylinder brace. The overall effect is more bite and firmer pedal travel.

As for where you can get a set, you have a couple options. The obvious, but most expensive route is buying the actual BRZ tS brake kit from japanparts...which is $5k for the front set alone...so yeah. Otherwise, for the calipers, you have two options here: go down to your local Subaru dealer and just buy a new set of calipers from a WRX STi. Otherwise, you want to look for a used set of calipers from any WRX STi that is 08+. You can also use any set from 02-07 but it takes a little more work (more on that later). The best way to find a used set is to just lurk on nasioc.com. Look at the part out/salvage FS section especially.

It's easier to get a 08+ set because the rears actually just bolt on, no mounting brackets required (02-07 need the brackets). You just need to cut the dust shield off.

For reference, I paid around $1000 for a set of '13 calipers used for 30k miles, pretty much in perfect working condition. Around $400 for a set of rotors, $100 for stainless lines, $80 for new fluid, and $180 for new pads. So a little less than $2000 in parts for a full set.

HI,

Is there any different between the BRZ STI TS BBK and the 08+ WRX?
I just curious why the BRZ STI ts one is so expensive.><
By the way, could you describe more detail related to "dust shield off:?
Do you mean there will no dust shield in the rear?
Thanks.
cslntuee is offline   Reply With Quote