View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
akuhei

Drives: Raven M/T FR-S
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
I don't think it's a matter of the throttle being too sensitive but I do contribute a lot of the problem to several things. One, the throttle spring is so light that it's hard to tell if you're pressing on the gas pedal or not . Two, the car is so quiet, which I prefer. Three, my hearing is bad enough that it adds to the problem of not knowing whether I've pressed on the gas pedal or not.

If you're any thing like me you've driven a lot of manual transmissions in your life. What I've had to intentionally do these last several weeks is get out of my comfortable old habits and go back to basics in driving and work at it instead of doing it "marginally o.k. I've noticed a marked improvement. In fact I just got back from my evening drive and since I've made a concentrated effort I'm much happier with my performance. I'm thinking I just allowed myself to get a little too relaxed and sloppy.
I noticed these things you pointed out as well. And sometimes, I do get a little relaxed and sloppy. However, when focused/paying more attention, and in lighter shoes (back and forth to work I drive in military boots..x.x), after the pulley was installed, I did notice an improved response from the pedal after adding a pulley. Not just a feel thing, but watching the tach as well. I've taken it off and put it back on a couple times now with the same results, removing some of the sluggishness in the response. Maybe it is just me or maybe the pulley actually does some good. I tend to lean toward the later because a few of my friends riding around with me have also mentioned that they noticed a difference.

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
akuhei is offline   Reply With Quote