View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #47
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzburg View Post
Questiono I drop what is effectively $6-8k to FI my ride, with a tune, clutch, all the supporting mods, or do I take that cash and purchase a new toy, like a WRX or Mustang, BMW 235, etc trade in the FRS and make payments on something new?
Those other cars are all cars I considered prior to purchasing my twin. Have you driven them before? Do it if you haven't, you may immediately change your mind once you do.

WRX = AWD grip monster with more power but crappier steering, shifting and handling. It's not bad, but this is comparing it to a twin.

Mustang, straight line accel good but a boat in the turns. Big car but cramped feel inside.

BMW, this will sound weird but it was too perfect (actually I only drove the 228, not the 235). It did everything I wanted it to do when I wanted it and it didn't complain about it either. But something about it gave me a disconnected feel from the road, it was perfect but in a way that felt like controlling a car in a video game. Aside from that, the cost of German car maintenance and upkeep is very high and the cramped over engineered German engine makes it difficult to wrench on you own car compared to Japanese. Been there, done that. Had I never had German before, I probably would've went with the 2er. It's basically the spiritual successor of an E30 3er. IMO, it's perfect right off the lot.