View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now that I've put a couple hundred miles on the set up I figured I'd give my initial thoughts on each piece as best I can. This is on an otherwise stock car performance wise. No tune, no exhaust, no intake, ect.

Final Drive

I notice a difference in acceleration mostly in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears above 4k RPMs. Below that you're still in the dreaded torque dip. I did do a red line pull in 5th gear but the power isn't there for me to "feel" much of a difference. But I don't remember ever doing a 5th gear pull to red line with the factory gearing so there might be a difference but it's still weak sauce with no power upgrades.

Tomei 2 way differential

This is a great upgrade IMO. Initiating tail out action is not only a lot easier, but it is much smoother both entering and exiting a corner. You do hear clunking under slow sharp turns but that is to be expected with a clutch type 2 way. I've also been told that you have to change out the oil in the rear end more frequently. For example my factory rear end had 21k miles on it and I had not changed the oil. From what others have told me with their 2 way LSD's it needs to be changed about every other oil change on the motor. So let's say approx. every 6k to 10k miles. Still worth it IMO.

Last edited by Dustin; 01-29-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote