Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F14Scott View Post
Is there a popular solution that lies somewhere between my asthmatic roadrunner and Stang70's NUCLEAR SONIC CANNON OF DESTINY?
There are two solutions. The first, and by far the most common, is to upgrade to Hella Horns. That's a very easy mod.

However, I think they sound like complete crap. So the next level up would be something like the horns I had on my BRZ prior to the HORNS OF DESTINY, which were the horns off of a 90s Cadillac. Those vehicles were fitted with four horns (tuned to A,C,D,F). It's a bit more work as you have to find a spot to mount all four, and also run a power wire with a relay off the battery, as you don't want to power all four from the stock wiring, but that's a relatively minor job and the result is a fantastic-sounding "reasonable" but still very loud horn.

Just search for Cadillac DeVille Horns on E-Bay and you'll find listings from people selling them. It's how I got mine. Or, you know, find an old DeVille at a junkyard.

Here's a short clip of what they sounded like on mine:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylO-WkaKAX4[/ame]

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stang70Fastback For This Useful Post:
bcj (09-20-2018)