serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Quite an issue IMO, 50K sportscars are compromised, 200K are just not my thing, even if I could afford them (all mid-engine and way too powerfull and even heavy). There is nothing around 90K that is good, Cayman is underpowered for its price, and 911 is also not really my thing, I want the engine in-front. Thus so happy for the GT86/BRZ.
Other than the engine in the front I mostly agree. I wouldn't drive a 200k+ sports car around even if I had the money to not care if I crashed. I can understand the reasoning for 2+2, but I'd rather have a 2 seater and a 4 door. A 2+2 in my eyes is for the person who wants a bigger car but still wants to feel/look cool in something sporty, which is reasonable.

I like the Cayman, but while the 981 is pretty light compared to a Z or Corvette, it's heavy for a 2 seater.

I think a realistic Supra powertrain would be an NA V6 hybrid. They could use the 2GR-FSE with an electric motor on the input shaft of the transmission, raise the rev limit to 7500 like Lotus did, drop some fatter cams in, and you'd have a solid 350hp + electric that also sounds pretty good.