Old 09-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #48585
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
In the US getting called to the Jury pool is random selection, but not actually being on the jury. The lawyers on both sides have an opportunity to interview jurors and have a certain number of "dismissals" they can do from the interviewees. The exact process varies between jurisdictions.

The one time I've gotten called, I sat in the jury pool all week and every case settled before going to trial so no one was ever called to interview. I listened to audiobooks, surfed the web and played games on my tablet. We were also given 90 minutes for lunch each day, and we were released just about every day by early afternoon. Since my company pays you while on jury duty (for up to 6 months I think) it was sort of like being on vacation.

Now, MomHawk has been called 4 times and each time ended up on a jury where the case lasted several days, so obviously YMMV.
So what you saying is, that including Humfrz's bulling tactics, bad/good interview technique is required just to get to the prize of sitting on a hearing...
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-21-2018)