Old 07-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #424
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
It's proof that all the internet experts who said the supra had to be a rebadged z4 because Toyota could never afford to make an all new sports car from the ground up at a reasonable price in today's world were all totally full of crap.
I don't know if this is proof. The C8 has a lot of new stuff, but the development costs and manufacturing costs could be fairly low compared to Toyota designing an all new turbo straight six engine, which is the bottleneck. Who knows, maybe Toyota could have added two cylinders to one of their 2.0Ts and costs wouldn't have exploded, and maybe they could have found a chassis to make it work to make the car on an existing line, so production costs wouldn't have skyrocketed too. Chevy definitely burnt some money with this new generation, but it was still a redesign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
The whole floating tablet thing is becoming standard, and it's disgusting across the board.

The c7 IMO has a nicer interior layout.

Overall this basically makes any competitor null and void if it performs how they claim. Especially if it comes in at the price they're saying. Claiming this exterior or corvettes in general as "ehh" doesnt carry much weight when driving a twin.
The C7 is nice and so is the interior. First Corvette I have liked. The interior is new, but very very familiar to my MKIV Supra, which is great, yet I appreciate Chevy taking some risks and going bold and slightly more modern. Good for them.

I actually like the BRZ over the Corvette and Supra, but they are both twice the money, so the quality of the exterior is on a different level. It is kind of like the Alpine A110, where I know the quality is better, but there is something about it that just turns me off. With the Corvette C4-C6, it was the giant wedge design that I didn't care for. The Edelbrock supercharger was too "America" in design over my Harrop too with the red accents and lines. It is subjective obviously.