View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #165
Borchert97

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST185RC View Post
What kind of koolaid are you drinking to come up with this?

Srs.
Are you saying that I'm lying? The 86 is one of the best chassis for under $100k. Fact.

It's also one of the lightest sports cars on the road, beaten only by the Miata as far as I know, why do you think so many people buy them to race them or drift them? Why buy an 86 and put $30k in it to modify it vs. just buying a GT350? Because at the end of the day, the 86 will always be 1000lbs lighter.

Man I question the intellect of some of the fools on here...

But I guess it's not common knowledge that the 86 has a lower CoG than the Cayman, GT-R, and is just tenths of an inch off the LFA, 911 GT3, and Ferrari 360.

But yes, come and tell me what kind of koolaid I'm drinking.

If you haven't put 2+2 together by now, then let me inform you that the Supra still weighs 600lbs more than the 86. I'm not saying it won't be faster around a track or that it won't have still have a lower CoG than the 86, I'm just saying, for a chassis as impressive as the 86, they'd have their work cut out for them to beat it with only a $50k car that also weighs 20% more. I imagine the Supra will actually have taken at least some inspiration from the 86, the cars look vaguely similar and the dimensions are also extremely similar.
Borchert97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Borchert97 For This Useful Post:
NARFALICIOUS (01-15-2019)