Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
That's going to depend on tire size, which track, and how hard you're actually pushing. I know a few people that can't get more than 2 hot laps before they're over heated on properly sized tires/wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Tony View Post
they are actually very consistent when running at 30-32psi hot, ive ran them for 10+ laps per session and they never lost bite at all even when they wore down past the wear bar lookin like slicks and even then it still grip. they dont last as long as RS3 but the extra grip is worth it. my tire of choice for now untill something better comes out in a 200TW
I personally know someone who destroyed the tires running a combo of track and autoX and I KNOW for a fact that he wasn't at his tire limits (I was only roughly 3 seconds slower than him at DDT and a good chunk of our corner speeds were identical - I was in Pilot Super Sports). Alignment plays a huge role as does your driving style.

He now runs RS3s.

I had a huge conundrum when I was shopping to replace the PSSes on my S2000 and whilst the RE71Rs sound fantastic, they just have too many pitfalls for anything other than those who run out for a quick 1-2-3 session when compared to my slow-to-start-then-go-wreck-em style. In autoX and in track, I almost always get my best times 80-100% towards the end of the day. AutoX has actually shown me to be a ridiculously consistent animal getting best times at last session 4/6 events. The other 2 events, one I coned (would've been best time if I didn't), the other I was still learning on fresh tires (less than 24 hours old). Lap sessions, I've also always established that I get PFTD at the 2nd last or last session.

The problem I find with most folks is that they don't gather as much data on themselves before finding a part that fits them. Fastest tires may be fastest for 90% of the population but if you're in the 10% outlier, guess what? You're inhibiting your own growth.

The same guy who ran RE71Rs said it was like driving on "cheat mode". I caught him multiple times on my tires and he seemed to plateau. Once he switched to the RS3s, he suddenly realized how much they were covering up his driving inaccuracies and now he's consistently quick and I strongly believe by end of the year, he should exceed his personal best at DDT.

Also, I only paid $730 for my 225/255 set whereas the RE71Rs would have cost around $900.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote