View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #82
FastLap

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am totally biased towards MT... so my opinion is that there is zero benefit at all to the AT. If you HAVE to have the AT (leg/knee issues, etc.) then I can understand, but otherwise there's no reason to get the AT.

Both hands should always be on the wheel either way, so that's not a pro of AT.

I don't find the MT to be harder to drive in traffic... so not sure that's really a pro of AT either. If anything I can't stand people who just lightly lift off their brake so the car moves forward on an AT while the brake lights are still on.

I really don't even understand why this car comes in an AT, but I guess it is to appeal to a wider audience (after all it has back seats for no good reason too...).

Coming from years and years of driving many many MT sports cars I can't stand driving AT. My car always feels so much better after I come back from a trip where I've had to drive an AT rental car for a week.

As always it's up to each person, but if somebody is coming to the FR-S never having driven a MT before then I highly suggest you get the MT and just force yourself to learn.
FastLap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FastLap For This Useful Post:
whateatsrabbits (09-22-2012)