Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Drives: 1982 XX KE70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
I would still take the BRZ. Cars I have considered buying: Exige, Cayman, G40R. But when I stop and think about it these cars would not do much more than my existing car. Sure, I could go faster but I'm not racing.It would be pointless spending the extra money for close to zero extra driving pleasure.The only reason I'm buying the BRZ is my current car is getting tired. (It's 9 years old and it's been well used by me.) For me the pleasure is in the driving, not the machine I am driving. I spent 6 months in Western Europe and leased a 206 Diesel. I always wanted more power (it was only 68kW but the 200Nm was impressive) but I enjoyed thrashing it mercilessly. I drove a 360 Modena at Thruxton, saw 140 mph down the straights, realised I didn't have the talent to do it justice and still enjoyed driving the 206 more on winding twisty roads in mainland Europe. That's right, I enjoyed driving a shitty little French car more than an Italian masterpiece.
My 2 Euro.
Personally i dont like this car more just because of the better power to weight ratio.... I just thought it fit because like the brz/86 it is built to track...