Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I'm having the same issue; it's good to know that I'm not insane. I've always had used cars, or my families hand-me-down cars, and now that I've got the FR-S, I'm absolutely anal.

When I first got the car I freaked out at my GF while she was looking for the dome light. I thought she was going to scratch the headlining.

I've settled down for the most part, but I find myself washing the car much more frequently than any other car. The silliest thing is that I sprung for the 7 year paint/upholstery warranty, so if it becomes chipped/scratched/faded I can get it all replaced. I think it paid off, because my last car ('99 Tiburon) was quoted at about $3000 for a complete paint job with dent removal. I paid I think it was $800 for the warranty, so I think it's a fair investment considering my car is stuck outside in the Florida sun for now.

I noticed my first nick on the side skirts today, and I think I actually felt more relieved than anything.
I agree! After my first chip, all I could think was "thank God that's finally out of the way! Time to get some more!"
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote