Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-86 View Post
My 2nd gen wish list is pretty simple. Keep what works with the current gen (simplicity, light weight, focus on sporty handling over comfort) and fix the main 1st gen complaints i.e. up the power and torque (especially important to encourage existing owners to upgrade).

To be more specific, a) put a lightly restyled body over the existing platform, b) make sure it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, c) give it an extra 50 HP, and d) eliminate the torque dip, and they can crack open the beers and call it a day.
Pretty much this. I'm not going to trade/sell off my car that is paid for and only get $16-20k only to get an embarrassing 5 hp bump and new front bumper on a new $30k car.
It's going to have to be significant bump in power to walk away from a paid off/low mileage car. Especially not since I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty until 2021.
With those of us who have upgraded a little with header/tune and further made it a little more personalized to our taste, we have no reason to buy unless we just like to waste
money to play the "new taillight, special color, 5 hp bump" game.

They need to bite the bullet and keep the price close to what it is and throw in that extra 50 hp on the house by whatever means that it takes.

Last edited by Impureclient; 10-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote