View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #55
xplat

Drives: Nissan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
Why is this car all high with the wheels not filling up the flares?

And wtf is with the extra canards on the middle of the bumper?
Just because you see wheel gap does not mean it's "too high"

Just because someone puts a wide over fender on their car does not mean it must be filled in it's absolute entirety.

The canards might be functional, they might just be for aesthetics. I haven't seen any wind tunnel testing results to make a conclusion.

Quote:
That is a lie.
Let's be honest, this car is never going to see a track. It's too high to be a drift car, and if it were racing then it'd need bigger/better tires... Function wouldn't be an issue even if the wheels filled up the flares.
Too high to be a drift car you say?

If the car were racing it would have been built to whatever spec race it would be entering. Stating the obvious. Also, people at least say it looks functional because with the sunken wheels (We're talking millimeters here folks.) it looks closer to what you would find in the world of professional spec racing than the hard parked cars outside of a Starbucks.

Quote:
I've daily driven, canyon run, and tracked slammed cars for the last 8-10 years... The only thing that sucks about them is the first couple weeks when you slam your first car and you don't realize that you need to angle the car up ramps and stuff.

No kid here... You don't put this much work into a drift car and then leave it at that height. In fact if it were a drift car, slamming it to the ground would be the first thing done to it. It's not like he's in Formula D and has an excuse for making his car too high.

But yet again, it's clearly not a drift car.
Holding such high regard for a "drift" car as if it's some untouchable unique way for a car to be built. You understand the only difference between a road racing car and a drift car is pretty much just the amount of steering angle they get? That and the alignment settings.

By the way , everyone in formula D is allowed to slam their car all they please, but they don't do it because the benefits to lower the car diminish once you get beyond a certain point.

They also don't drift on smooth as glass tracks like you might find in f1 courses and lord knows if there are bumps they will raise their ride height too.

Quote:
No trolling here. Just everyone keeps saying how functional this car is, but it appears to be nothing but a show car.

And clearly you have never seen a drift car before if you think 90% of them aren't slammed.
90% of drift cars aren't slammed. See what I did there? I just committed the same logical fallacy you made to support my argument.

This car IS more functional as a street/track/demo car which is what it looks to be.

Using your logic this car will drift better than

this car. yeah right.

Last edited by xplat; 11-18-2012 at 02:22 AM.
xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xplat For This Useful Post:
Rampage (11-18-2012)