venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
i believe this was an issue with the DW tires which was the last gen because they bragged about making the sidewall like 50% stiffer or something like that. but i too am debating btween these 2 for autox. im not nearly good enough to drop money on re71r and a set of DD tires
I ran the DWs and agree that the sidewalls were not overly stiff. However, I think this made them a better road tire. And the few times I autocrossed them, I ran a little more pressure in them than *perfect* conditions. But they gripped great, wore very well, were fantastic in the wet, and were a bargain considering their pricing. Not to mention being the lightest tires in their performance class.. I'm looking forward to replacing my current street tires with the newer ExtremeContact Sports.

The Indy500 (Bridgestone S003) isn't a bad tire by any stretch, but is getting a little long in the tooth. The newer S007A is probably a better summer tire, but the Conti is a tough competitor...such entertaining choices!