View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
Berzerk

Drives: '17 CWP Limited BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HKS Hi Spec Power L (Ti Tips)

I told myself I wouldn't make any changes to my BRZ within a year, but I only made it halfway and cracked at the six months point.

When I bought the car, I knew there were three main things I wanted to change: Wheels/tires, exhaust, and suspension. I daily my car for now so these mods are pretty crucial to daily enjoyment and comfort. I haven't found a wheels/tire combo I wanted yet (difficult accommodating for the Brembos!) and I wanted to still feel out the car's handling so I went with an exhaust.

I needed an exhaust that was louder than stock, minimal or no drone, has ti tips, and a deeper tone. I almost pulled the trigger on a local Corsa exhaust, but missed out on it so I went with the HKS Hi Spec Power L catback with Ti tips.

I've only driven about 100 miles on it, but it has been pretty nice so far. First off, it's louder than I thought, but I didn't really have anything to gauge besides YouTube videos. I don't know what's considered "loud" or not for the 86 platform, coming from an S2000. To me, this exhaust is just the right level of noise. I can still hold a conversation just fine in the cabin, but the car feels and sounds "sportier" while saving 20-25 lbs from the stock exhaust. I believe it does have some minor drone between 2500-3000 rpm, but it's not bad at all. Quality of the piece itself is good, considering the price of it.

Also, everything is stock besides the catback system.

The exhaust itself:

Installed on the car:

Here's a short comparison video between stock and HKS (apologies for the not-so-great sound quality)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVT-Zlf_bcQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVT-Zlf_bcQ[/ame]
Berzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berzerk For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (08-23-2017), spike021 (07-25-2017)