Old 10-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #963
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeflyer View Post
Yikes! That line into three will make most people spin (if you are doing it where I suspect you are)! Out of curiosity, doing this type of a entry you must be cooking your tires pretty quick, right?
Also, are you doing this on the uphill, crest or landing?

Additionally, I think there is a possible improvements in turn 2 that you might be able to make (or maybe you are already and I just can't pick it up from the data).
Basically you can extend the straight into the turn by going far right, making a small turn and carrying in straight, then braking part way through the turn (I haven't pulled off this line, it has only been described to me). Theoretically this should shorten your time in the relatively slow continuous state section of the turn.

I am a little surprised you didn't take the turn in 4th; that shift seems like it would suck and you should have the torque to make everything work in fourth. I take turn 2 in third gear, but that is because I lack power to handle it in fourth. I also have a suspicion that if I entered the corner at a better speed then I would also be taking it in fourth (I am way over braking the turn's entry along with a bunch of other turns).
Rather, the opposite. Tire wear is reduced, since the load is being more evenly distributed, and you're not scrubbing the tires. This type of entry is performed at most corners.

I do something even more extreme. Rather than braking, I let lateral scrub brake the car.

I can do 4th, but 3rd provides more torque for me to correct with, if something goes awry and I need to correct oversteer.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
RehabJeff86 (10-29-2014)