Old 04-20-2018, 12:23 AM   #34
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBRZ View Post
Great responses for you but there is one topic that I would like to address for you.
Although these engines were designed to 0w20 I would recommend to stay as far of it as you can if you plan to be anywhere near a race track.
My 2014 BRZ is a caged fully prepped time attack car and I personally use Liquid Molly 10W60 since my car gets 0 miles in the street. It is not street legal. I add Liquid Molly MoS2 engine treatment religiously at every oil change.
I have an engine oil pressure gauge and this oil is the only one that when it is really hot keeps it over 10 psi of engine oil pressure at idle.
Basics are basics not matter what. I could not care anything at all about the 0w20 mindset of oil usage or anything in between as I know very well how bearings wash out. I have tested 5W30 and 0W40 and they blow for hot oil pressure at idle.
I have thousands and thousand of really hard track miles in this motor and with this oil and additive, my engine is a happy one so... to each its own.
I do have a JR oil cooler and a KOYO radiator but I run NA with e85 tune and catless header with free flowing exhaust. I hope this helps you.
For the rest of the stuff you already have great advice.
I strongly suggest adjustable camber more than the offset bolts and also save yourself time and just bite the bullet and use Castrol SRF brake fluid which is simply the best.
Best lock to you!
I've had zero issues running 0W20, with an increased redline. You don't need to band-aid insufficient oil cooling with thicker oil, if you have a good cooler like the Jackson Racing!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (07-26-2019), Tristor (05-25-2018)