Thread: Pre-Orders
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If I may put at spin of explaining these *fees*:

Price XXXX <== for subaru, only they know how much *premium* they want to add to the *premium* trim
Ontario Tire Tax - 29 <== standard and required.
Freight - 1595 <== hey, it is subaru not scion.
Federal Air Conditioner Tax - 100 <== standard and required
Admin Fee - 199
<== to pay for their nice dealership room and manager's chair. Pure profit from their point of view.
Registration Fee - 299 <== to pay for the guy who run to the DMV for your paper work and get the plate back, or maybe the sales to do the paperwork for you.
License fee - 94 <== price to pay to DMV to *get* the plate for one year. No, scratch that, this fee only pays from the sale day to your next birthday so it would be less than one year registration fee for 74. Probably add 20 bucks for new car registration. So they get some changes out of this.

So, the last three items (199+299+94 = 594) are the ones the dealership charges you for doing all the sales work, people running to DMV and back, and the charge for registration. Do I think it is right? No! But some dealer do not charge doc/admin/registration fee while some dealers do. Maybe for a new car they charge that, but that is up to you whether you accepts it or not.

Actually, by typing all of these just remind me when I go to the dealership when checking the vehicle and need to read all the fine prints of these extra charges they put to the bill of sale.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote