View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
I only ask because I'm 22, work two jobs and been saving for this for a few months now. I make after taxes around 2k a month, I feel like I should be saving this for college or I should get my mom a new car-both of our cars are on their last leg...(err wheel) so to say. Mine breaks down a lot, my friends have wealthy families so they just got done graduating from 4yr college and have nice new cars...and well just for once I wanted to get myself something at this magnitude...but now I'm feeling guilty. Why are they entitled to these kinds of things and I cant?
Would it be the right thing to do to get my mom her car first? Should I feel guilty? I really want this...The first time I saw this car in person my heart stopped and I just knew...
My family is dirt poor we came to Canada with nothing so I know what its like to have nothing nice. I just turned 25 and I have already bought this car and paid it off completely.

I bolded your comment that I don't agree with. Why complain? All that effort doesn't help you out and it just makes you feel bad about yourself. Focus on whats will get you the most in life now so you can enjoy what you have later. I worked since I was 15 and bought my 1st car and all my other ones myself. I saved through out high school to pay for college and college got me the job that paid for my car.

Besides you don't need the stress of having a brand new car yet. I say go to college and get a FRS/BRZ that isn't 1st gen. No worrings about feeling guilty and no stressing about CELs and 1st year issues.

BTW Where I am kids are driving around in GTRs, Lambos, Maserati and Ferrari. Hell BMWs and Mercs are like civics (We are talking M3s and AMG C63s type cars here) Don't waste your time envying others cause there will always be people laughing at you while soaking in their tub of cash

Lesson. Don't live outsides your means

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicSneakers View Post
Mom should take care of herself, like you are taking care of yourself.
I disagree. Yes she is an adult but raising kids aint cheap and its nice to show the rentals that it goes both ways. I buy things for my parents a lot not because they can't afford it but because I can afford it and they raise me up well with what they had.

Last edited by Mr.Jay; 10-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Jay For This Useful Post:
einzlr (10-18-2012), JERZgrl88 (10-18-2012), kmbkk (10-18-2012), kuma (10-18-2012)