View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #54
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazikowski View Post
Just did this mod along with adjusting the pedal height last night and so far I'm loving it. The only problem I have is the top end of the pedal travel is kind of "spongy" but I'm sure I can adjust that out by tinkering with the pedal a bit more.

Oh, and the OP says be careful not to lose the E-clip... well, being the rebel that I am, I lost the E-clip. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement? Now that the spring is out the clevis the pin holds on doesn't do anything, right? I assume if the pin were to fall out I wouldn't suffer any sort of catastrophic clutch failure leading to a fiery death.
You don't even really need any of the stuff you removed (e-clip, clevis, pin, spring) unless you plan on reversing this mod at some point in the future.

Some people will remove the spring and then put everything back together, without the spring. I simply took everything off completely and put it in a ziploc bag; the clevis and pin don't really do anything anymore once the spring is gone.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing it unless you plan to put it back in the future.
stock (06-04-2016)