View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #149
904FRSlow

Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
This really frustrates me, when i see the bartender has made my drink and its sitting at the bar waiting for the server to bring it to me. One time i watched my beer sit for 10 minutes. by the time it was brought to me, several flies decided they were going to take a crack at my drink. When i brought it up to her, she told me to pick them out. So i told her to pick out her manager from the floor and we had a nice talk. I spent the rest of the night at the bar where the service was top notch. no joke, the bartender was very very good at his job, managed his entire bar of 20 spots while making drinks for a restaurant. After this i vowed to never wait for a drink so the next time it happened I watched my drink sit there for about 5 minutes, left the table and parked myself at the bar told the bartender that drink sitting was mine and i'm moving to the bar. The server was pissed but hey, when i order a drink is not the time for you to go out for a smoke.

there's always another kitchen to find work at. burn enough bridges in a town, move to the next one. Sadly these shit cooks can almost always find work. I always wondered why they choose to work in the kitchen if they didn't like it and over the years realized there aren't other places that will hire them.

as a former cook, i think you need to sack the fuck up and tell the chef or the expo guy that screwing up the order isn't acceptable. Any real cook/chef who takes pride in their work wants every order to go out as they're supposed to. If your cooks don't, speak up or i'd be looking for another spot to work with professionals.
Should I tell them when its my boss in the kitchen as well? Its not like this happens everytime. My point is that sometimes the cooks make mistakes and servers tips are penalized so you shouldn't always assume its the servers fault. I work at the top rated restaurant in my area and the chefs are the ones who handle the sauces since some are made from scratch.
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote