View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #62
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Excellent video man. I wish I had the time and capability to make something so well captured and thought out for my day job stuff (I too dabble in technical repairs and troubleshooting).

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a Japanese thing but really a large corporation thing.

The problem with large mega corps is that if the little minions tell the public that there is a problem, then that becomes a PR issue. So it is simply EASIER to tell the minions to collect and pass it up but never admit to anything. Admission will mean lawsuits, etc. as well so why would anyone want to admit anything?

Case and point: Jeep on their exploding fuel tanks. Didn't happen frequently because rear ending isn't a daily thing but when it did happen, there seems to be a high occurance and yet their first stance was "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG!" and then a silent recall but still screaming "NOTHING WRONG".

I am beginning to wonder if Toyota is looking into alternatives to better control the manufacturing of this vehicle. I find it funny how Subaru claims it came up with most of this car (Toyota on the other hand says it came up with the concept and styling) but are eerily silent when issues on build quality come up lol.

I am looking to buy sometime mid next year. If this keeps up and issues aren't squashed, the MX5 is a very solid backup.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (07-30-2013)