sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiisupra View Post
THIS!

Colors are sprayed at the factory with the same guns/robots. When there is a change of color, the guns are 'cleaned' out, but residual tones/paint exist which cause slight variations in the color as it is sprayed on several cars.

Also, you (OP) may notice the variation of the 'sparkle' or flakes in multi-tone paint (whiteout, asphalt) when it is sprayed over metal vs. plastic of the bumpers.

The argento/asphalt is the best for dirt over the raven. Do a search of owners driving themselves crazy (or not) keeping the black cars swirl-free.

The biggest difference b/w the twins is the suspesion tuning. This is the first post I have read that expressed these differences, but I haven't read all the posts about this on this site. The FR-S is a bit more stiff, and you just shared to what degree they are different, thanks!

Eric G

and yeah, its orange peel. This excess can be color/wet sanded and buffed out to a mirror finish. While the FA major may help ID'ing different shades/tints/tones, the physics class you took also will come into play when understanding why the same color/tint/shade 'appears' different in different conditions.

I love how my customers ask why the bumper doesn't match the body of the car perfectly... I tell them "see... I have this 2013 Subaru BRZ, you probably never heard of it, and it has brand new paint from the factory and it's slightly off. "
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote