View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #3321
babykwiss

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJasonKlein View Post
Out of curiously, what dampers are fitted, what are your spring rates front and rear, and are you running stock or stiffer aftermarket anti-roll bars? What are your toe and caster settings?

You're running a tire with a lot of mechanical grip and even though you have a lot of negative camber, running too soft a spring rate without stiffer anti-roll bars will allow the car to roll sufficiently to compromise the geometry and destroy the tire. You may also be running too soft a rear spring rate relative to the front spring rate, causing the car to have excessive understeer and destroy the front tire. What's the overall balance of the car like? Lastly, the RE-71R is better suited for autocross than DE or extended circuit work, so maybe you're just overdriving the tire.

Thanks for the reply.

Im running Tein Street flex 7k/7k. I am actually running Eibach sway bars all around. Both on full stiff settings. The car DOES tend to understeer more than oversteer on throttle. Could it also be my driving? I feel like O go in to hot into a corner, resulting in the tire scrubbing of speed. Im probably wrong
babykwiss is offline   Reply With Quote