Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
Bro, yes you are one lucky ...member

I am also on the receiving end of proto product, and I dont know how it happens, but man, am I ever thankful to be that guy when it happens.

There are alot of folks curious to see 3rd party dynos of these headers, ideally on the same car at the same dyno. I have planned dyno days, not just one with the same vendor. I cant tell you to tune, or go dyno your car, but man would I like to see quantified qualified numbers on this header. Do you have a planned build? Not often you see untuned cars with headers, sorta like adding an intake without a tune.

We as those proto folks get to be scientists about it, and have the opportunity to give the community something when we tune, dyno pre and post, so let me just add I am curious for you to baseline your car, and dyno it(my shop has a baseline of our car, not mine specific, but an frs, was it 155whp or 159?) and then we have dyno'd at each major milestone since. Now, I bring my car up to a level, leave it there, create logs, go a thousand miles before upping it another notch, so my build has plateaus built into its timeline by intent so i can dyno as I build.

If there is any way I could get my hands on a Nameless header @Jason@Nameless, I'd love to see what that would do for my car going from my stock header with my otherwise well tuned FI car, and full 2.5" perrin headerback that has been successful on the dyno, whether you like the sound, loudness, price or not. I'd gladly return it with shipping at my expense. I'll admit I;m very curious about the helmholtz, so if you all want to see a perrin vs nameless dyno I can do that with a little vendor support.

I also happen to have a Borla Equal length on order, tho its delayed as per my last update from borla, seems like it was still scheduled for release...I scored myself some tester pricing, so I couldnt say no(Like going out to dinner good pricing, pretty much materials), so I'm eager to try out a 'production header' and what prompted this post was, I had a member mention a possible path enabling me to test out a P&L Header. I'd be interested to be a tester/early adopter, especially if there is a return policy, or ideally you send me used, proto or ealr production build product, and its not me you're listening to, it would be results off a Maha dyno, unlike dynojet you really cant play with the numbers so its a higher standard of accuracy and a typical low reader, which is why I use them, they can also do a load test that many dynos can not for real world drivability on the dyno.

I'd love to test out a few headers before I buy one, so unless there is a shop thats not selling any of them thats here to volunteer, consider me ready.

Since I am in the market for a header, and Borla and Nameless are topping my list- Borla, well, I know their product well, its a huge shop and I've had my order in since they announced an equal length option. Nameless well, they seem to be doing some real nice work, so I wanna see what the boutiquey stuff is looking like, and have to admit, P&L does nice work too, saw and drove their turbo kit, FBM seems to have a growing offering for our cars too, these guys all have nice piping on the rest of their kits, seem to have welding and fabrication under control, so yeah, my door is wide open on this item as far as vendor, that I plan to add late in the game, tuning with the oe header as much as I can. I do my own work and a little experience on this forum and in real life as a tester, tho some may argue my forum presence as different

I think running 91 is the ticket for all of this, while the e85 dyno may help sell stuff, its further from a controlled test if you ask me. I see better results with 92 than 91, seems half the country gets 91 and the other gets 93, so there IS a different result with each on our high cr motors. I always run 91 and if we have time, I up the octane to see what happens when i travel or get to a track where there is better gas on hand. Dyno time isnt cheap, but its budgeted into my planned build, no other way to do it and be able to prove why you did something.

I hope I havent upset anyone with my post, but read this and am thinking out loud

-hopeful 3rd party dyno guy who wants to try out some headers for the community.
I think I remember @Boosted2.0 offering this at their shop. In their thread where they were playing on the dyno with cam timing and stuff.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote