Old 12-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
Spartarus
...Just add nauseum

Drives: 2003 (AP1) S2000
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efferalgan View Post
Thanks for reply! I'm more than happy to do maintenance! I'd also love to get a good easy-to-install vent-to-atmosphere option and the only car-specific that I found is AVO dual tank system. However, from 1 or 2 pics that I found, it looks like those 2 cans are still interconnected by a hose and only one of them is venting to the atmosphere which contradicts to what you are saying (and I tend to agree with) - better to have the 2 lines and 2 cavities separately.

What setup are you running/can recommend as a replacement for me?
As I say, I haven't used it, but I wasn't talking about a VTA setup. I believe the non-VTA can is 2 separate chambers in the same container. Just like having a dual catch can, just having both independent cans in the same housing. Again, not 100% as I haven't used it. I just assumed you were after a low-or-zero maintenance system given your choice of the Crawford system.

I personally use the RacerX can, which is the same way; 2 completely independent catch cans in the same housing. I setup drain lines with ball valves so I can drain them from under the car. It comes with those now.

My setup works great, but if I were to do it again, ... Well actually I wouldn't change anything. The maintenance is virtually zero. Just draining little dribbles out of the can every once in a while... Intake is clean.

Ah, that said, examining the Crawford can further, it occurs to me that it (should) work as advertised it you replace the original PCV valve into the block with a plain old straight-through NPT fitting, thereby relocating the PCV check valve to the snout of the can. That way, it would actually drain to the block, and the check valve at the "snout" (where you have it right now) makes the valve at the block redundant. That is, of course, provided that its "swirl pot" design actually separates any oil at all. Given that I doubt that is the case, I bet you'd still end up with oil in the intake... But it may be worth a try.

There are many ways to displace.

-Spartarus
Spartarus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spartarus For This Useful Post:
Efferalgan (12-11-2015)