Old 11-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #17
zdr93523

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OND View Post
Makes sense, I will start with monitoring tire pressures closer and adding a second set of camber bolts to begin with. Pyrometer readings etc might come at a later stage if/when I upgrade some suspension components to gain more adjustability.

I am actually starting to think my higher cold pressures might be causing a vicious cycle where my front tires slide too much, which heats up the tires, which in turn increases the pressure and causes even more understeer.
Could be. Once you reduce pressure to your target after the first session, you should only have to drop each tire a few pounds at most following each subsequent session.

I would caution the second set of camber bolts. You're likely very close to contacting the spring perch with the tire as it is now.

If you every find your pressures extremely hard to control, you likely have moisture in the tires from the air compressor. If this happens, or you think it may help, pull the shrader valve on the valve stem, let the air drain, fill the tire without reinstalling the valve, repeat about 4 times. This will help to remove any moisture from the tire.
www.makesmodels.com
www.camautomag.com
zdr93523 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zdr93523 For This Useful Post:
OND (11-29-2016)