View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
Shizuka

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP (Modified)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
So I’m seriously considering a set of these wheels in 18x9.5 with a plus 40 offset I believe (could be a 38 offset). Anyone have any feedback as to if they are good wheels etc and what’s a good price to pay for a set?

I see FT86 has me listed for around 1.8k USD.
Titan wheels are good, not my ultimate favorite looks wise but definitely solid value for a forged wheel. Lots of dudes run them at the track. $1.8k USD is pretty inexpensive to get a good forged wheel anyways so that's a decent price IMO. (Evasive has them listed at ~2k) You might be able to negotiate with a smaller company to get a couple hundred off, but I doubt it honestly. I'd say just pull the trigger

Just FYI if you're still on stock suspension you'll almost for sure need to run coilovers on that size wheel, especially if it's +40 offset-- you'll likely be touching or extremely close to rubbing the perch depending on tire size. Only 245/35/18 or narrower will fit on stock suspension on 18x9.5 +38 (+40 has even less clearance), but that's already slightly stretched and if your tire runs slightly wide you still might rub. Ideally you'd want to run 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 on a 9.5 wide wheel but neither of those tire sizes fit on stock suspension.
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shizuka For This Useful Post:
Jdmuscle (10-15-2019)