Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #106
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phm14 View Post
I'm not sure that's the case. Let's remember that the only ones who have 1st hand knowledge of what's been done to these cars are the owners. You void your warranty if you make power mods, especially ones that may cause lean AF issues and cause major problems, or race the car. Read the warranty contract. Can they refuse to pay for heat damage when they see a ECU has been re-flashed? You better believe it. Try and see things from the makers side. How many "free" motors are they supposed to provide? Guess who pays for them in the end? I've never blown a motor in 5 years on track. Might have something to do with the fact that I've never found it necessary to mess with my cars' ECU. You want to play R&D with a new platform? Its called "pay to play". Don't ask the maker and its customers to pay for your actions. I've been driving Toyotas for 33 years. If there's a manufacturing problem, they will sort it out and make it right at their expense. They have a proven record of doing right by owners, and they proved it again going above and beyond by giving "track warrior" a free motor. I don't have any experience with Subaru, but if a legit problem is found, my guess would be they will follow the precedent set by Toyota.
The issue at hand ( for us ), is that Subaru is unwilling to investigate or consider the evidence we have provided.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote