Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xclr8 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, but if I'm not going for the Cobalt SS, I'll likely opt for a beater Corolla/Matrix. I just want a cheap fun car to put miles on, and the Cobalt ticks all the boxes of a beater, except with the advantage of power.

Reliability is a must. I don't want to keep driving my 86 to work. I'm putting upwards of 300 miles every 2.5 days on it. The miles are racking up. And because I intend to keep my 86 for life, I'd rather it not end up with 20k+ miles in under a year, which is exactly what will happen if I don't buy a beater soon.

The Cobalt SS I've been eyeing is going for under $7k with under 80k miles on it. I am sure it wouldn't be as reliable as going for a Civic or Corolla, but it'll definitely be more fun while still having decent reliability. It's also a relatively fuel-efficient car. I recall averaging upwards of 27 mpg with my old '09 Cobalt SS turbo on my commute.

Get the cobalt. Unfortunately you'll find yourself modding the beater pretty quickly since it has such an accessible amount of power. You can make 300 whp+ on a turbo cobalt without too much hassle, whereas with a twin it requires a decent investment.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote