View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #9
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
If there's nothing wrong with the SPC parts (they're not for a different car or have a defect) there's no other parts that will make them work, they're either right or wrong.

Unless the alignment tech can give you a better description of what's going on all we can assume is that they are unable to perform the work you requested. If they're giving you a better description of what's going on then we might have something to go on, but I'm with everyone else, take the -3.x alignment and go to a different shop.

Make sure you get all your stock parts back (and potentially any parts they left in the SPC box, maybe they're not using the cam bolts and are being super stupid). It's kind of troubling that they're struggling this much with this, it's not a terribly complicated procedure, especially if you have the right tools like they should have.

There is the off chance that you have the wrong parts, if they're for a different vehicle that had longer control arms it would make perfect sense as to what's happening here, but for $350 you'd hope the shop could pull out a tape measure and tell you that before they give you the car back.

I wouldn't trust that shop further than I could throw it.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote