Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #27
FRSjeff

Drives: FR-S (red manual)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari0 View Post
You guys are...

In CA they are required by law to drill your front bumper since front license plates are required.

If you did not want one, you should have asked the dealer at which point he would have given you a waiver to sign, essentially saying that you take full responsibility (he is no longer liable)

Is he a bit of a-hole for not telling you? yes. But ultimately, it is your responsibility to know the procedure and the laws of your state and if you wanted it that badly, you would have checked what can be done. Simple as that.

Flame all you want, but if you really wanted it, you would have read up on what needed to be done online. The dealer will not replace your bumper now.
This is not completely true. I bought my frs in California. I didn't even think to make any requests about what to do or not do to the front bumper. When I took delivery, I didn't see any front plate at all, no dealer plate insert, nothing. I asked and they said they never drill holes in a bumper unless requested to do so. Therefore, my California experience is just the opposite. I'm glad because I then went ahead and installed the tow hook conversion for my plate. I get a lot of positive comments about how they like it installed off to the side, etc.
FRSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote