View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Smile

Thank you syelenik, that is the right answer; to supplement that, DYOLF26; the last bolded part of my guide that talks about properly adjusting the cruise sensor that sits in front of the clutch pedal is where you need to watch; in that when you adjust the switch to contact the pedal, make sure to pull up on the pedal so that the sensor isn't applying pressure while at rest; this will ensure you aren't partially engaging or 'riding' the clutch =D

To emphasize part of syelenik's post; another part of my guide near the end states the proper way to test & make sure your gears engage correctly with the adjustment made; so that you do not get any grinds or hesitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYOLF26 View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one that is worried that adjusting the height of the clutch pedal could possibly leave the clutch slightly engaged when your foot is completely off the pedal? I feel like you could mess with this slightly but not to the extent that some people are doing it, it seems like a likely possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syelenik View Post
As I understand this you are adjusting the pedal position, not the clutch itself. The free play at the top that is required hasn't changed. If you go too far you could get to a point where the clutch won't fully release which would give you grinding going into reverse or first. You don't want that. And with that and a .2 inch or so freeplay when first pushing the clutch pedal in and all should be fine. As I understand it. We are talking small adjustment goes a long way here.

Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote