View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now that I'm supercharged I thought I'd give my final thoughts. I haven't been to the dyno but if I had to take an educated guess I'd say I'm around the 250hp range give or take a little. The gearing for this setup in my opinion is perfect. It doesn't seem "too short" and I don't feel I have to change gears too quickly. It pulls very well all the way through 5th gear and pulls decent through 6th. I have no doubts that I could hit the rev limiter in 6th gear with a long enough straight. I don't see myself ever getting much above the 130mph mark and that'll be what you'd be hitting in the higher rpms of 6th gear. So unless you're going for a top speed drag car, this gearing is a solid upgrade. I'm about to get an E85 map which should get me closer to the 300hp range and I think that would be the max I would want to run with this gearing but time will tell. Later on down the road I will probably get the bug for more power and will go bigger and better and I'll see how I feel about the shorter gearing then. Getting the tail end to slide out when I want it to is a breeze and still very manageable. This is a great upgrade for those who want to keep their car in the lower HP range (sub 300) and I would say it is a great improvement especially if you're staying NA. Enjoy.

Last edited by Dustin; 05-21-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
GT86_PRAGUE (12-10-2014), jcw99 (06-08-2019), joe strummer (04-22-2015)