Old 11-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by incriminati View Post
While I'm waiting to find out if my vehicle is part of the new valve spring recall, I figured I'd ask about an issue I've been having.

When taking off in first gear, I feel a vibration for a bit. I feel it in the clutch, or at least that's what I think I'm feeling it with. The whole car doesn't shake.

The best way I can describe it is the clutch vibrating for a second or two until it fully engages and grabs.

I don't have any other issues, no sounds, the car pulls in all gears, and no vibrations in any other gears.

It seems to go away as the car is warmed up. The car drives like it always has and I'm not sure if this was present when I first got the car brand new or not. I've had this vibration it for years, at least 3 that I remember.

Any idea what it is? It's a 2013 BRZ manufactured in 2012. I have 35k miles on approximately.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I read about the TOB issue, but it doesn't seem like that based on the symptoms I've read.
It sounds like what we used to call over on the Miata forum, "clutch shudder", which was quite common with older miatas.

I haven't heard that description or reference with this car.

Does it do it worse when it is damp/wet outside?

It could be caused by a worn or warped clutch disk, an out of balance pressure plate, a rough flywheel or the dreaded TOB -

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote