View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #1016
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep in mind, the new Alfa Romeo Giulia completed development in just 2 years. Toyota wanted a new Supra for awhile now so it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on the car before BMW finally agreed to the project earlier this year. I won't assume that they were developing the platform in early 2015 or 2014, but based on the look of the prototype, to me, this is an almost complete car.

I'll wager another guess (easy to do) that we see the production car by the end of 2017 with a late 2018 delivery date.

I also stand by this thing not being a hybrid. I don't have a good example but I can't help but think we would see some indication that batteries are in play. Like external coolers or extra vents cut into the body. But I could be wrong.

Still... the car looks quite small by today's standards, off the shelf lexus TT V6, maybe an electronic rear-diff, basic interior > 40K. I recently started a new job and am doing some freelance stuff... I could definitely afford this thing at 40K in the year 2019... Aikido, don't ruin my dreams. I may weep.