View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #1239
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-awesome View Post
Thanks for the advice! That's good to know on the exhaust vibration but I'll double check everything to make sure nothing loosened up over time, etc. The logs I posted were only 3rd gear pulls. The stage 1 log was on a new tank of gas so I'll do further testing over the weekend and see if the results are just as poor. Time to start learning how to rescale the maf! Will keep ya posted on the results.
After alot of research, experimenting and rescaling the MAF, I think I finally scaled my MAF correctly to reasonable limits. Turns out the MAF scales on the OFT stage 2 v2.076 tunes were too aggressive so I used a near-OEM MAF scale which seem to the trick with my stock airbox with a perrin inlet tube/drop-in filter.

Here's my log (warning: it's huge, I jammed my 3rd gear pulls, cruise, and some spirited driving into one big log) http://www.datazap.me/u/gawesome/201...1&solo=0-10-14

Note: The first and third sections are a bunch of WOT 3rd gear pulls. The last two sections was me trying to get some positive FLKC to recover my IAM by doing a lot of low throttle pulls. My IAM is essentially a wild rollercoaster ride

So I think it's safe to say that OFT tunes are too aggressive for catted headers? I get consistent knock corrections around 3000 to 5000 rpm. I applied Wayno's base timing B, and knock correction A and AVCS tables already.

Safe to say my next step is to start removing timing at those rpm ranges using kodename47's knock correction tools?
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote